Dating novosibirsk

The Soviet Workers' and Soldiers' Deputies of Novonikolayevsk took control of the city in December 1917.

In May 1918, the Czechoslovak Legions rose in opposition to the revolutionary government and, together with the White Guards, captured Novonikolayevsk.

630000, 630001, 630003–630005, 630007–630011, 630015, 630017, 630019, 630020, 630022, 630024, 630025, 630027–630030, 630032–630037, 630039–630041, 630045–630049, 630051, 630052, 630054–630061, 630063, 630064, 630066, 630068, 630071, 630073, 630075, 630077–630080, 630082–630084, 630087–630092, 630095–630100, 630102, 630105–630112, 630114, 630116, 630117, 630119–630121, 630123, 630124, 630126, 630128, 630129, 630132, 630133, 630136, 630200, 630201, 630700, 630880, 630885, 630890, 630899–630901, 630910, 630920–630926, 630970–630978, 630980–630983, 630985, 630988, 630989, 630991–630993, 901026, 901036, 901073, 901076, 901078, 901095, 901243, 901245, 901246, 991214 It is the administrative center of Novosibirsk Oblast as well as of the Siberian Federal District.

The city is located in the southwestern part of Siberia on the banks of the Ob River adjacent to the Ob River Valley, near the large water reservoir formed by the dam of the Novosibirsk Hydro Power Plant.

The bridge was completed in the spring of 1897, making the new settlement the regional transport hub.

The importance of the city further increased with the completion of the Turkestan-Siberia Railway in the early 20th century.

During this period the city also received more than 140,000 refugees.

The rapid growth of the city prompted the construction during the 1950s of a hydroelectric power station with a capacity of 400 megawatts, necessitating the creation of a giant water reservoir, now known as the Ob Sea.

In the course of the war the Ob River Bridge was destroyed.

For the first time in the city's history, the population of Novonikolayevsk began to decline.

The following year the original bridge over the Ob River was replaced by the new Kommunalny bridge.

Tags: , ,